samedi 23 janvier 2016

Any way to "set and lock in" Geolocation?

Commercial websites I visit seem to use "Geolocation" more and more to present the information such as sales & pricing for a specific location where I'm located - trouble is that the location they pick up is always wrong.

So I get the wrong info if the company has region specificv pricing and/or sales.
Some places make it relatively easy on their website to change location, for others there seems to be no way to do that.

I just looked up the geolocation info for my IP address.
There were five sites that listed the geolocation for my IP address.
Three of them showed Toronto, on showed Chatam-Kent and one showed Ottawa.
I'm really located in Cornwall right now.
So none of them are even close.

So - back to my original question....
I assume the answer is "no' -


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1VgB81O

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire