mercredi 20 janvier 2016

MacPro spyware issue.

OK, MacPro, 10.6.8.

Group emails being sent out by some damn bug, not through Mac Mail. Every couple of days I'll get a bunch of bounced emails with error messages, Mail delivery failed, etc. Check the origin, they've got my email address as the source but there is no corresponding mail in my Sent folder.

Have Avast, ran it, no issues detected.

Contacted Shaw, the rep was helpful but not a Mac guy. He note that I had picked up some spyware somewhere & that it was sending the mail out on its own, not through Mac Mail. He suggested Anti-Malware. Unfortunately only good for 10.8+.

Downloaded ESET Cybersecurity Pro, ran it, no issues, so it didn't detect it.

So, looking for antivirus software, free if possible, that can detect this damn mail spyware issue I have.

Does anyone know of a legacy copy of Anti-Malware that'll run on 10.6.8?

Also, anyway I can stop the outgoing mails with Little Snitch?

TIA.


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1ZCu4hh

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire