vendredi 19 février 2016

OS 10.9.5 is driving me nuts - with autosave?

OS 10.9.5 is driving me nuts.

I find Apple has really lost its touch when it comes to a user friendly operating system.
I wonder if some of these idiosynchrasies are fixed in a later OS.

The latest one is that with some of the Apple applications, preview this time, the original pdf is automatically replaced with the one I modified even though I specifically used the "saved as" command and saved the changes with a different name.

To be perfectly clear:

Document ABC.pdf is on my Mac
I open it with preview, open thumbnails and delete a few pages in the pdf
Then go to "Save As" by holding down the option key.
Save the changed document as ABCmod.pdf
When I check back, the original ABC.pdf is also replaced by the modified ABCmod.pdf document and the original ABC.pdf document is gone.

So does one now have to remember to first make a duplicate of the original document so one does not lose it?
I really have to restrain myself - I have some really choice words for the developers at Apple.


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1PWKj4c

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire