jeudi 11 septembre 2014

Mac Buying Advice: Fusion Drive

Hi

I have a mid-2013 13" MB Air and a mid-2010 21" iMac i3 4GB base model. My iMac feels really slow against the MB Air and it is time to replace it.



I want to purchase an iMac that feels as fast (or faster than the MB Air) however the 7200rpm drive is not as fast as SSD in the MBA.



My question is, if I purchase the 27" base model will it feel faster than the MBA?

If not, would I be better spending money on the fusion drive or upgrading from 8 to 16 MB RAM, or jumping up a level on from base? What will result in the biggest speed boost for the $$.



Usage is primarily web, Office, Lightroom and Photoshop. Parallels for MS Project.

Photoshop and Parallels/MSProject is where I really feel the slowness - we are talking several minutes to open files - whereas the MBA is instantaneous. I am not handling massive Photoshop files - mostly 100MB or less.





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1lY6U71

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire