jeudi 15 janvier 2015

Safari jams up my mac

I'm running Safari 5.1.10 and I have a message that "this version of Safari is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a supported browser." I don't know if this is why my Safari keeps jamming up but I guess it's a place to start.



When I follow the link to "supported browser" one of the messages is that the problem may be my extensions.



"Try disabling your browser extensions to solve the problem." ....I can't see where to do that. When I check them, though, I can only see Ad Block is installed. I'm not sure how to check what else may be there. The drop down menu under "Safari" just took me to a search page.



It's with gmail that I get this message of unsupported browser. The message given re gmail is:



To use Gmail, enable cookies and JavaScript



Regardless of your browser type, you must have cookies turned on to use Gmail. Also, if your browser supports it, enable JavaScript. Search on Google for instructions on how to turn on cookies and JavaScript for your browser.




Javascript is enabled but I have Cookies from third parties and advertisers blocked. Is this the problem?



When I looked at upgrading Safari and followed the "Download Safari" button, there's no download button on the page I'm taken to, just a description of Safari. Apple - Safari - Browse the web in smarter, more powerful ways.



Anyway, I'm getting tired of the spinning ball when I use Safari. Any suggestions? (and, I've only started using it again because of needing gmail and I don't want it open when I'm doing my normal stuff on Firefox. Gmail is for work only.)



Thanks for any help you can provide.





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1weirxB

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire