lundi 19 janvier 2015

Format a locked drive

I had a 2012 MBA that was water damaged so I removed the internal SSD and sold it for parts on eBay. I then bought a USB3 shell for the SSD thinking I could at least use it as a backup drive for my photo's (offsite) but I've run into a problem.



While the MBA was functional I'd put on a firmware lock and now I can't seem to remove it. If I plug in the USB drive Finder pops up with a message saying the drive is locked and prompts for the password. After typing in the password it hangs for several minutes and then the pop up goes away and ....nothing. No mounted drive. I've tried booting into Recovery mode and trying to unlock the drive from there but it fails as well. My last attempt was to plug it into a Win7 machine and try and format it there. That allowed me to delete the old partition but wouldn't let me format and I still can't format it in MacOS.



Any idea's?





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1CuDgJU

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire