dimanche 6 septembre 2015

Drive failed...restore from TM

Just had my OWC SSD die tonight. Had to hard shutdown and on reboot, I got the flashing folder. Connected a FW drive with my latest TM Backup and the Mac booted to the Restore option. Disk Utility did not recognize my internal SSD. Since I have 2 external drives with the same TM Backup, I removed my SSD and replaced it with one of the external drives. Before going any farther, I thought I'd check here with the best way to do a TM Restore. I suppose I should use Disk Utility to erase the now installed HDD first? And then, it it easiest just to follow through with the Restore? Is there anything else that I should consider or need to know? I've only lost one day of data and that's only some pics on my Desktop and some emails. Thanks ahead. I believe my SSD should still be under OWC warranty.


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1LdVy5d

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire