mercredi 16 septembre 2015

SSD Upgrade advice

Hello all
Looking for some advice. The ehMac people have been kind to me in the past with some great tips and advice so here goes nothing.

I have a Mac Book Pro 17"
2.66 GHz
I7
8GB
OSX 10.9.5
500GB HDD
Mid 2010

Looks like my hard drive has died good news is i backed it up not that long ago via time machine.

So my question is that i want to move up to a 1tb. Do i go to SSD ?
I have read a few reviews on the Samsung 840 & 850 EVO sounds like a decent SSD.
another brad that comes up on the net a lot is the OWC SSD

I can install any drive in my macbook with out an issue, but my concern is the stuff i read about online regarding TRIM & Kext this is way out of my comfort zone when it comes to my actual knowledge.

Are these things i need to be concerned about ?

Should i even go to SSD ?

Thanks for all the great ehMac advice


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1OfDGgw

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire