dimanche 27 septembre 2015

Suggestions for University student

Hello,

so I'm currently looking at buying a new Mac since my current Macbook (nicknamed old yeller) is very much outdated, is prone to overheating and I am in need of an upgrade.

I am in a first year bachelors in Mech Eng... I'm finishing up on some prereq courses and will start Mech Eng courses in the winter. I do find myself using my ipad a whole lot. I just toss it in my bag and I use it to read textbooks I have in PDF format in iBooks and I do web based homework on it. I also use it to access course slides that my teachers post on-line.

With the iPad Pro being released in september, I've been wondering which route to go. Get the iPad pro and buy a Mini for use at home? Or suck it up and buy a Macbook Pro retina with 16GBs RAM (since it can't be upgraded) or then again there is the Macbook Air that people keep raving about... It seems to me that between the Air and the Pro, the pro is better value since it gets near the same battery life and is only marginally thicker and heavier than the Air whilst being considerably more powerful and having a retina display.

I'm guessing that since I will be working as an Engineer in the forseable future, I will need Windows so that means some for of VMware or Bootcamp... I'm also currently a professional musician so I do use Logic but my current Apogee soundcard and Logic still work fine even with old yeller so I don't feel like I need to upgrade for my music needs.

So I'm thinking these options
1) Macbook Pro Retina (16GB) and use current iPad 4
2) Macbook Air and use current iPad 4
3) get iPad pro and replace "old yeller" with a mini

Thanks for any suggestions!


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1KHKhJU

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire