dimanche 3 janvier 2016

Restoring 2009 iMac with USB Thumb Drive

I actually got a really great deal on a late 2009 iMac with 12GB of RAM (overkill?) and a 1TB HD. When I got it home and turned on it had an admin account but it still said 'Amanda's Computer' so clearly it wasn't completely wiped. I have a bootable USB drive with Lion on it so I thought I'd use that. I made the mistake of just wiping the HD in Disk Utility thinking I could boot it up in restore mode but I don't have the startup disks - just a bootable copy of Lion on a USB key.

Can someone post a link or Youtube video that shows me how to install Lion? I tried one that said to hold down 'alt key' and it was suppose to show the USB that I have plugged in (along with the startup drive) but it didn't. It only showed one drive that said EFI Boot. I googled and it has something to do with TimeMachine? I don't want that. I just want to a clean install with Lion (or any other newish OS)

Help!


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1kDATRu

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire