mercredi 18 décembre 2013

Flashing Amber Light: Is it officially the end?

I woke up this morning to no wifi on my iPad. So I go down and check on my aging Airport Express (1st gen). I had become accustomed to unplugging then plugging it as a quasi refresh/power cycling. Didn't work this time. Tried again, nothing. When i looked below, it would not stop flashing amber.



hmmm..



I then checked on the status of the internet service - would you believe I went to twitter 1st and searched under rogers internet? LOL. I need to know before i went ahead with more diagnostic.



So I hard wired my laptop. pow. internet.



I go bak to check. Maybe my RJ45 was messed. Try a few different ports out of a router and even change cables. still nothing.



do a soft reset, and then two hard resets. still nothing.



Open up airport utility, FAIL: can't use Mavericks w/ legacy airport express.



Luckily, I kept an old lap running Snow Leopard. Go reconfig the AE, but still nothing is working.



I'm not getting an IP address though, and you can see that here.



I suck at internet connection, IP stuff mostly so I have no idea what's happening here. My only guess is that it might the end of the long road. It just turned 9 last month.



Any erudite guesses?





via ehMac.ca http://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=115025&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire