mardi 24 décembre 2013

Image Exaggeration

Over the past couple of years I have noted a lot of linked images have severely exaggerated contrast or saturation. At first I thought it was a case of individuals trying to milk every last bit out of an image, resulting in something more along the lines of blinding art rather than photography.



I have a reasonably good display and have used the built in OS X display calibration. I can print my images, either on my own printer, via a local Kodak kiosk or at London Drugs and 98% of the time the prints are a very close match to the image as viewed on the display.



Recently I had occasion to transfer some images to a friends computer. All of these were either right from the camera or had been optimized for prints. All looked quite good on my display and required no further tinkering. The individual I gave these to has a fairly expensive 17 inch display Windoze laptop. On his computer the images tended to look flat and slightly washed out. If he were to correct them to where they look good on his computer I am sure they would produce that same overdone artsy impression I referred to earlier.



So the real reason for this artsy fartsy trend, may have more to do with crummy and/or poorly calibrated user displays rather than bad taste.:D





via ehMac.ca http://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=115218&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire