samedi 14 décembre 2013

Want to replace existing cellphone with an iphone....

Here is the situation:



I currently have a contract with Bell that still has a year to go.

Contract does not include data which I would never use but it is also is the reason I didn't get an iphone when I signed up.

To get an iphone, Bell insisted I need to take the data plan which would have been $25 more per month or $900 for something I don't use.

The cellphone I got was an LG model, smart phone with more features than I will ever need. Didn't need the data plan with that so all was good.

Well, not anymore, the LG has now become almost unusable - the touch screen just doesn't respond on many occasions. I have to swipe the screen many times to turn the phone on - often I cannot disconnect - that phone is just crap.



So I decided I'm going to get an iphone 4S because I was told that Bell no longer requires one to get the data plan - called bell, but they still insist on the data plan for a two year term plus an early hardware upgrade fee - still a $750 bill - ridiculous.



Alternate plan is to just buy an iphone 4S outright - here is where the questions come in:



1. If I buy an iphone 4S that is already locked to Bell, can I just take my SIM card out of my LG, cut it down to the smaller SIM card with that tool that is available, plug the SIM card into the purchased iphone 4S and get that phone to work?

Or do I need to get Bell involved somehow to register that phone to my existing Bell account...and if so, will they then insist on changing my plan, either adding the data portion I don't want or need or extending my contract which I also don'y want.



2. Same question but with an unlocked iphone 4S





via ehMac.ca http://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=114777&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire