lundi 16 décembre 2013

Is it my ISP ??

I rely on a small, local community-based wireless ISP, and have some ongoing issues - only I'm not certain all of them are because of the ISP.

Network speed varies considerably, and is generally pretty shitty - but that's part of living in a small, remote town … I get that, and I know the ISP is working toward upgrading equipment and moving to a mesh network solution… the big problem is the constant stream of "doesn't recognize the certificate" messages that occur when going online from home.



I have a macbook pro running 10.9 - the problem predates the system upgrade. My partner has a macbook pro running 10.6. We both use Facebook a lot, and get error messages (access denied … does not recognize) and inability to open web pages throughout the day … also get them on other sites. When I am out of town on business, and accessing the same websites, I seldom if ever run into this problem.



The home network runs off a Cisco/Linksys router, and I suppose it could be the culprit, though we have never had any other problems with it.



Next time I get the message, I will capture a screen shot and post.



Any thoughts on this - anyone? And thanks in advance for your thoughts and comments.





via ehMac.ca http://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=114873&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire