samedi 28 décembre 2013

Marnie and me!

Office of the President Dec 24 2013

Air Canada



Dear Calin,



It is not often that I take the time to write a letter like this but I was so impressed with the dedication and professionalism of one particular employee that I thought I must share.



Marnie and me!



I had recently the good fortune to be booked on AC 857 from London's Heathrow airport to Toronto Pearson on Dec 21 2013.

As we boarded the flight for the long journey home all passengers were in a joyous mood to start their Christmas holiday festivities back home. The cabin was full of hustling and bustling people trying to get things just right and put away all their christmas shopping before be took off on our flight.



As I sat down in seat 5D a silver haired senior flight attendant greeted each passenger by name and welcomed us all aboard and as I like to do I noticed her name tag and thanked Marnie.

Marnie showed up with a tray of drinks and offered us a cold libation before our journey began.

It was a choice of champagne, juice and water. She then proceeded to hand out our lunch menus for the long journey ahead.



As I sat down enjoying my drink and opened the menu my eyes fell upon the first choice on the menu “Rack of lamb” I need not look any further as this is something that I would really enjoy!



A few moments later Marnie returned to collect our now empty glasses and take our dinner menu choices.

As she approached and leaned over to ask my choice I proudly proclaimed that “I'll have the lamb!”, To which Marnie replied “I'm very sorry Mr Henderson the lamb is no longer available.”

No longer available, I'm only in row 5 I thought to myself how could this be we are only 1/3 of the way through the cabin!

I 'm sure the look of disappointment was on my face and Marnie cheerfully suggested that I try the chicken or fish as she was sure I like one of those!

“I disappointingly muttered I'll have the chicken then.”



As the airplane roared down the runway i'm sure pulled by all Santa's reindeers to get us into the air for the long journey home, as we were full of gifts for friends and family, how could this not be like riding on Santa 's sleigh on Christmas eve i thought.



As we reached our cruising altitude the dinner service began with crisp white linens laid before us and some amazing appetizers of smoked fish and grilled veggies.

After everyone had finished their starters, a different flight attendant showed up with our mains as I'm sure Marnie must been on a well earned rest by now.



She placed before me a plate of fish and while it looked wonderful I was still hurting from my 1st choice of lamb not being available ,so I looked up to her in utter astonishment and said “ but I didn't order the fish” to which she replied “ what was it that you wanted Mr Henderson ?”and to which I replied “ I would like the rack of lamb” To which she said “ very well I'l be right back!”



I was shocked, you mean that perhaps Marnie made a mistake and that all the Racks of Lamb hadn't already been devoured?

Was my luck about to change and good things were about to happen to me this holiday season?

I started to wonder what could be happening as the flight attendants scurried about with all the other passengers as I excitedly awaited my lamb.



And lo and behold a few minutes later Marnie arrived, that angel who came from ahigh with yes you know a hot steaming plate with a joyous rack of lamb laid upon it!



The smile on my face I'm sure brightened the cabin and just as I was about to carve this sacrificial lamb with my knife and fork Marnie proclaimed in a loud voice “ I hope you enjoy your rack of lamb Mr Henderson and that was my choice also and because this is only a very short flight of 8 hours I will not need to eat, so I hope you enjoy it ! “



I didn't know what to say I sat there stunned and thoughts raced through my head and as I meekly offered

“Marne perhaps you would like the chicken or fish” to which she replied “no she too had her heart set on the lamb”



Now I knew how Ebeneezer Scrooge felt after being visited by 3 spirits!

Show me no more show me no more I thought to myself.



How could I in all good consciousness sit here being waited on by these hard working flight attendants and then to top it all off eat their lunch as well!



Were all the other passengers seeing me for the true villain that I was ? What could I do ???

I sat there ate the lamb and pretended not to like it hoping that someone would forgive my sins.



As we all had finished our dinner Marne appeared cleaning up our plates and pushing this most glorious dessert trolley filled with a cornucopia of sweets!

As she approached my seat and asked what choice I would like for dessert and I surveyed the bevy of desserts my mind started to race and I thought to myself what if there is something laid before me by Marne that she too had her mind set on, what would happen if I once again stole her choice.



I looked up and in a voice barely above a whisper said, “ Coffee black please”.



I of course hoped that I had appeased Marne and she could in some way forgive my trespasses but as we were leaving the airplane she wished all the business class passengers a “Happy Holiday” she decided to withhold that same wish to me!

I was crushed, I so wanted her to be able to forgive me but alas it was not to be!



So inclosing you should now know that the reason you have achieved the “Best North American airline award” 4 years in a row is because of hard working dedicated employees such as Marne who were willing to give up their lunch just so the customer could have whatever he wanted without due regard to her choice!



Humbly yours,

John Henderson

Air Canada frequent flyer





via ehMac.ca http://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=115354&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire