lundi 14 avril 2014

A month with an iPad Mini - thoughts? Help?

I recently cross-graded from a BlackBerry Playbook to an Applie iPad Mini (non-Retina). Barring the obvious learning curve, I'd like to ask the community for recommendations/help on some of the issues/challenges I am having; I'm hoping that they are all on my end. :)



Observations/Challenges

  • Inconsistent UI relative to the PB -- e.g. to get to the home screen you push the button, but the button can move depending on orientation. This is a far cry from the PB's consistent "swipe up from the bottom" approach -- the bottom is always, er, "the bottom".

  • Many applications reset to the "home state"

    • Dropbox often resets to the root directory when I double-tap the home button to navigate between applications. This means that if I am deep in the file system, I have to click 5+ times to get back to where I left off. For example, if I am in Dropbox and go to Documents -> School -> Course -> Assignments -> Assignment1 and then open a PDF from there (via clicking the "Open In" up arrow thingie, when I navigate back to Dropbox (double-push the home button, swipe to get to the open dropbox app), Dropbox goes back to the root folder.

    • Swiping out of Acrobat Reader and back in, sometimes it goes back to the file selector, losing the place I left off



  • What is up with the Calendar app? If I have two overlapping appointments in the same calendar, they are literally overlapping vs. showing side-by-side (if they were in different calendars). I don't recall seeing this in OS 10.5.x, and definitely not in the world of Blackberry; I can't imagine this is "productive"

  • Magazines (e.g. bookshelf); is there any way to have more than one magazine open at once?

  • Waking up or navigating between open apps often has the incorrect "preview". E.g if I have 5 apps open and double-tap to switch to one, the image shown for the open apps may not be the same as what is actually there; i.e. when I actually click into the app, the screen instantly changes to the real "live" screen. Not sure how else to describe this.




The availability of applications is great, but so far the Dropbox issue, and most apps resetting to their "home state" when I re-enter them is severely impacting productivity.



Suggestions?





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1gwOkhe

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire