mercredi 9 avril 2014

Macintosh LC520 Cdrom issue

Hey all,



Got my LC520 out of storage a while ago, and was running 7.5.3 sys software on it. Sadly, before I got a chance to back up anything the HDD died :(



I purchased a replacement HDD and got everything reinstalled and the OS back to 7.5.3, but now some of the games that I used to play aren't running as well as they used to.

For example, I used to play The 7th Guest perfectly fine on the old HDD, but now I get an error message when starting the game that "Your CDROM drive is too slow, and performance may be poor during gameplay". Nothing has changed with the CDROM. It has a 300K transfer rate (2X), which is in the recommended specs for this game. I never got this error before I had to reinstall everything...so I have no idea whats going on.



Is there some extension or something that I may be missing? I updated the CD software to 5.3.2 thinking that would help, but no go.





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1iv3TmC

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire