jeudi 24 avril 2014

Xerox Phaser 6500 DN n 10.4.11 on a PPC

I everyone, trying to find the answers online but feel like getting the run around with things - aka can't find the answer.



My dad has my old Dual 2.3 GHz PowerPC G5 which is running Tiger (10.4.11) he got a Xerox Phaser 6500 DN last month and it was working just fine on this computer up until his comp had a crash a few weeks ago, and since then its stopped working. I've resintalled the drivers and its not helped, rebooted the comp, tried several different cords/cables I've been to the xerox site and gotten the older drivers from there and still nothing is working.



My dad is getting a little ticked as good money was paid for the lazer to start with, it works just fine on any of my comps (MacPro and Macbook Pro running Mavrick) and my mates windows comps (Alienware laptop n Cyberpower PC - running Windows 8), we have no issues with the printer its just my dad who can't get it to work anymore on this comp.



Any ideas and or suggestions as to what I might be able to do to get it working again, short of reinstalling everything from scratch on the comp and hoping it will work (I'm not sure I can upgrade the comp to a higher OS, not looked into that as yet since it is a PowerPC don't think anything higher then Tiger will run on it, though maybe leopard or snow might not sure or even if that would help matters since the programs on it will not run on snow or leopard - such as photoshop 6 [NOT CS6]).





Thanks and take care everyone!

Nyx





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1jXccJR

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire