dimanche 20 avril 2014

Wireless connection issues

I recently upgraded my iMac time 10.8.5 and been having connection issues regularly since. The machine loses it's connection with 2wire bell modem. Airport is working, I'm well connected to the network but not to the modem. I occasionally get messages saying my IP address is in use by another machine but not every time I lose my internet. It seems that 90% of the drops are when the computer goes to sleep but some times the connection is lost when it's in use.



I have reset the DHCP on the router which didn't help. I have tried DHCP, DHCP with a manual address and fully manual TCP/IP settings. If I bounce between settings I connect at some point. It's only this computer that has an unstable connection. We have macs, pc's, wireless printers, phones, iPads etc on the network and all function properly.



I read in another thread than moving from 192.168.2 has helped with some connection issues. I'm wondering if this would solve my issues?



Not very technical so fire away with any questions my description raises.





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1h2Prph

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire