samedi 13 septembre 2014

Fun with Phishers!!

2 weeks ago I got a call that my "Windows Registration" did not go through and I needed to give the person on the other end access to my computer! He said something like "Windows Official Offiice" was where he was from and he could fix my "Registration problem" if I allowed him access to my system!

Once I told him I had a Mac he said he "Must have the wrong number"



Today I get a similar call from what he claimed was a "Federal department in Ottawa" called "Internet Security" and my Internet was showing that I was Hacked and was showing that I had several viruses. So I needed to allow him access in so he could "Remove" them.

After trying to get me to use the key beside the control key I said I didn't have that one, I had a Command key, then I head some background discussion in a foreign language, blah blah, Mac, blah blah Mac... Then they hung up:lmao:



So have the "Air Duct Cleaning Services" people finally given up and now they've switched to Phishing for info on peoples computers? I know a few seniors that could be easily fooled by this except for the fact that the people calling have such heavy accents it just screams "SCAM"!!!





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1qwR3O8

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire