dimanche 12 juillet 2015

Mac Mini won't boot, spinning wheel stops

This evening my Mac Mini acted up.

When trying to boot up - after having to shut down holding the power button, the Mini won't boot all the way.
I get the Apple logo, then thespinning wheel for a while and then the spinning wheels just stops and the Mac sits there.

I'm running 10.6.8 using an external FW800 drive as my main drive - the drive inside the Mini is too small and I think is shot.

I have a back up on an external FW800 drive, that does the same thing with the Mini.

But when I try to boot up with either external FW800 connected to a MacBook Pro, I can boot up on the externals no problem and also use them (like right now).
I ran disk permissions and also checked the external FW800 boot drive using Disk Utility - everything supposedly checked out.

Tried safe boot, same problem except it took longer to get there.

I assume something is wrong with the Mini, but what - and how to fix it.

Any suggestions?


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1RsToaK

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire