vendredi 5 juin 2015

airport express first time setup

MMm..boy, this stuff doesn't seem to end, do it? :mad:
Okay, here's what I have. It's an airport express 1st generation (802.11n, I guess)
and the model number is A 1284 (it's the model with 1 ethernet socket, usb, headphone jack, et al). I've been trying to set it up in Airport Utility on its own, but no. I have also an Airport Time capsule-no problem whatsoever. Sets up fine, works fine, plays fine with modem...can make wireless network A-OK.

This little piece of....sorry, little so-and-so (might be young'uns around) has been a pain, to put it nicely. I've tried getting it to show up and be configured in the latest version of Airport Utility only to find out that Yosemite , at least with Wifi, and for this, anyways, has done some things that way, when they really need to be this other way for it to work (IPv6 has to be set to Link-Local rather than Automatic-whatever that does), to at least get the darn thing to show up and be visible. I've tried countless time to configure this. It shows up under other wifi Devices, and Airport Utility sorta recognizes it, sometimes, and when I run the setup wizard, it works partways, then it tells me "an unexpected error occurred. Please try again later:" What that error was and how I fix it? Haven't a clue... so...going nuts here...thinking bad thoughts about this involving an M-80 and a lit match...you get the picture.....
(what, you're more nuts than usual?beejacon)'

thanks for any help, good ideas or suggestions. I think this is compatible with Yosemite
overall, but.........


John B


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1GoVPWA

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire