mardi 30 juin 2015

iMovie vs FCPX for separate audio

Once upon a time I had FC express and iMovie hadn't been dumbed down...

But hey-ho move on with the times :D

So... I'm a man of simple needs and simple brain. I would love to stick to iMovie because the learning curve is much flatter and I don't have that much time. Plus the $300.

Like many people I shoot DSLR + separate high quality audio. So far my workflow has been like this:

- Import clips + audio files
- Roughly align clips in the time line, in the right order/duration with lots of lose ends for later trimming
- Align audio files below the clips
- Synchronise the sound manually using the wave forms/claps (I know FCPX can synch automatically)
- Extract the original audio and throw it away.

At this point TROUBLE STARTS...

Although the sound file is in theory anchored to the clip, it is only the case if I move the whole clip around. If I want to trim anything, the audio 'doesn't follow' and gets immediately out of synch.

I have tried to select both the video and the audio: FAIL
I have tried to push the audio file back into the 'blue' zone so that it replaces the original audio: FAIL

Therefore...

- Is my only hope FCPX Obi Wan or is there a Way :eek: ?
- If I splurge on FCPX will this definitely work ?

Thanks

PS: I can't get a trial of FCPX anymore - have used one and let it run its clock without trying to learn it


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1egHdM9

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire