mercredi 17 juin 2015

My MacBook Pro seems very slow

I have a:
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
Processor: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
Ram:8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

When I run benchmark tests it seems to preform to the specs that it is supposed to, however, it always seems painfully slow. Opening a new window; opening an email; typing into search bars, or opening up something and starting to type-it can't even keep up with my mediocre typing speed. I have to wait for the beach ball to spin for a few seconds and then it catches up, sometimes missing some of the text I typed when I was waiting. my internet is fast so downloads are quick once they start, but there is always quite a delay when flipping from one page to another.

It just seems like it has to think for 10-60 seconds before it decides to switch tasks, then when it does switch it does the task pretty quickly.

People have said that I have to many windows or programs open, but I am not really a hard-core user now, I multi-task a lot and usually have a number of programs open. I typically always have safari, mail, omni-focus, pages and/or numbers. then iPhoto and iTunes always open when the phone is plugged in so they are often open then maybe some random things....
- because I jump from various project to another, I am not good at opening a program and closing it, because 10 min later I am opening it again.

I used to be a busy graphic designer ( I have been using Macs for about 30years), and would have QuarkXPress, photoshop, illustrator and email/web programs open and be putting together large magazines, and editing photos etc, all open at the same time. And although processing times were a lot slower, I am sure the 'drag' time was better than it is now - on now obsolete old computers with much, much much less horse-power.

I do have a lot of emails, and don't clean it out or archive old ones, So I get that that could slow down while using the mail program, when I did archive a bunch a while back It didn't seem to help much.

I also know that switching to a solid state hard-drive would make the start-up quicker etc. but how much would it really affect my situation.

So I am looking for any advice that you can give me. It seems like a fast/expensive computer for the basic stuff that I am doing, so I can't justify a newer faster one. So any other options for speeding it up would be helpful.

thanks
ryan


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1Li5Z9s

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire