mardi 2 juin 2015

IPad and external GPS receiver

I bought the iPad4 without the cellular option, so have no GPS chips.

But since I drive a fair amount, towing a long trailer, I wanted a nav. system to avoid going off route - its often hard to turn a 50 foot rig around.

So I decided to get an external GPS (Dual XGPS150) and bluetooth it into the iPad and then run it with a TomTom app. When it works, I have a screen much bigger than any dedicated GPS device so its easy to navigate.

Dual has an App that checks the status of the XGPS, and that shows a full count of satellites with strong signals and also gives position, height and speed. So I know the XGPS is working properly and the iPad is receiving the location data.

But when I start the TomTom app, it shows "Weak GPS signals" and won't navigate. It always indicates where it is when I start the app - it simply doesn't move from there.

I have used it in the past and it did work, so I wonder if possibly an iOS update has caused this linking between the app and the external GPS signal to fail.

Has anybody experienced anything similar?

Cheers

Walt


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1GYnRH0

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire