jeudi 4 juin 2015

Home/Remote File Server

Since Dropbox no longer works I'm thinking of ways to et up my own little cloud. I'm thinking of a few ways and I'm not sure which is the best approach.

I could get a suitably powerful Mini or older Mac Pro and se them as a file server both on my local network and even remotely... But I'm not entirely sure thats the way to go or even how to serve up the files remotely....

or

I was looking at device that purpose built such as a WD My Cloud EX2 or EX4.... But again; I'm pretty sure the face UI has to run on a relatively modern Mac that can do 10.7 or so. But there must be a way to make this data accessible to say an iBook G4 or 12" PowerBook.. Maybe FTP? or AFP?

Any thoughts and ideas on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated!


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1Ms2KNr

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire