samedi 6 juin 2015

Best way to utilize an SSD

I have a 27in 2009 iMac, I just installed a 2TB HD in it because my previous drive was failing. I just recently aquired a SSD drive....I was thinking of replacing the optical drive with the SSD.
I was looking into creating a fusion drive, but after reading eveything is seems a little more complicated. My 2TB drive has been partitioned to two 1TB drives. Could I use the one of the partitions with the SSD to create a fusion drive, or do I have to loose the partion?

the SSD is a 512GB, I was thinking of installing the OS on it, and wipe the 2TB drive, but if I install all my apps, I would like to put them on the 2TB drive and try and leave the SSD free. Can that be done?

Any thoughts on what you guys think I can best use this SSD would be greatlly appreciated.


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1Jz1jwV

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire