mercredi 24 juin 2015

Is it time to upgrade Late 2009 27" iMac?

My trusty 27" iMac is starting to lag performance wise (beach balls, slow to open programs). I'm willing to put $300-$400 into some upgrades (SSD?), but don't know what kind of ROI I can expect performance-wise. Looking at newer gen iMacs but having a tough time justifying the investment in a new unit unless it brings significant performance improvements. Any suggestions on how to breathe new life into my 2009 machine?

Here's what I'm running as my daily work machine:
Late 2009 27" iMac
2.8 Ghz i7
12 GB Ram
1 TB HD (about 30% full)
OSX 10.8.5

Primary tasks include graphic design (Photoshop, InDesign Adobe CC apps) and some light video editing in iMovie etc.


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1fBKW7Z

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire