lundi 22 juin 2015

On recycling.

So, this whole recycling is good for the environment, blah, blah, blah...

I bought into the mantra years ago, my bride & I were recycling before she was my bride, back in the early 90's. Didn't have the blue bins then, we hauled all of it down to a local centralized depot once every couple of weeks or so. However, the more I read about it, the more BS I come across.

American recycling is stalling, and the big blue bin is one reason why

Quote:

The District, Baltimore and many counties in between are contributing millions annually to prop up one of the nation’s busiest facilities here in Elkridge, Md. — but it is still losing money. In fact, almost every facility like it in the country is running in the red. And Waste Management and other recyclers say that more than 2,000 municipalities are paying to dispose of their recyclables instead of the other way around.
M'bold.

Thoughts?


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1dZoxAb

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire