jeudi 12 janvier 2017

El Cap Irritant

Newish computer running el Capitan. Something I have done since the first version of Jaguar is maintain a small rtf file at root level. Essentially I just record any software or updates and the date installed. Occasionally useful when something creates an issue. Almost always iTunes or Adobe.

Anyways in el Capitan I cannot just write an addition to that file. I have to create a duplicate, write the changes, delete the original then move the duplicate to the root level. The last 2 steps require giving entering admin password, making for an additional 5 steps for what should be a very easy task.

I keep it root level for easy reading when booted from a different volume or if just using another user profile.

Any way to avoid the OS X 2-step and still keep this file at root level? The usual tricks don't work.


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2iNa11G

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire