lundi 16 janvier 2017

Home sharing playback problems

I use my iPad mini (1st gen) as a home sharing playback device plugged into the living room stereo to play the music in my iTunes library on my Mac Pro. No problems for years and years. Ever since I upgraded to iOS 9 shortly before 10 came out and it became unsupported, playback has been intermittent at best. It either gets choppy in the middle of songs or the currently playing song finishes and that's it. It either stops playing completely or the time count on the next song advances and eventually it resumes outputting audio wherever it is into the next song.

The Mac Pro's on a wired ethernet connection while the iPad mini obviously is connecting over wifi. I went over the the network settings for the wifi and the Mac's ethernet with a fine tooth comb and made a couple of changes (disabled iTunes sharing over the LAN so Home Sharing was the only sharing mechanism turned on, enabled jumbo ethernet packets, static IP on the Mac Pro, forced the wifi to G only and one channel only) and that's cleared up most of the mid song choppyness in the playback; that only happens occasionally now. The problem with the current song ending and the next one never starting, or audio starting partway through is still present.

I hooked up my iPhone SE today instead of the iPad mini to see if the iPad's simply too long in the tooth and the next song failing to start problem happens less, but it's still frequent so I don't think the age of the iPad is necessarily to blame.

Is there anything I'm overlooking that I should check? I deliberately skipped iOS 8 because the home sharing function's important to me and I'm not happy about how moving from iOS 7 to 9's made it painful to listen to.


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2jpp19t

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire