mardi 31 janvier 2017

"Fake" Bell survey..?

Just a warning, and wondering if anyone else has had this happen..

Last night after closing my browser, a window appeared on my screen, saying Bell was doing a short survey of it's services and would I be interested in filling it out.
I know Bell is concerned about losing customers who are going wireless or" cutting the cable" and they call me every few months asking if I'm happy with their service, so I clicked OK.
The questions were few and basic, then, as a reward, I was offered the choice of some gifts. Rubbish stuff but suspiciously also an iPod, of which they were out of stock.
At the bottom, raving comments from satisfied respondents who had received the gifts.
@#$#$@%!!
I closed the window and at that hour could contact Bell but this morning they confirmed that they have had a number of complaints about these fake surveys.

I'm guessing the damage would have been done if I had clicked further for the gifts, or maybe given information. So far, no sign that I opened myself up to potential harm by filing in the survey...


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2jRnaYh

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire