jeudi 26 janvier 2017

Is it doable? Feedback will be much appreciated..

Hello Folks,

So I have this late 2009 Macbook Pro, that my daughter somehow fried the logicboard. her story is that she connected a USB cable to an old Kodak camera, a msg came that power is too high or something like that and the MacBook Died.
Apple Store can fix for 500+tax so I said forget it.

Now, I have a thought, to freshen up thing a bit and since I've always been interested in Ubuntu but never had the chance to try..

Can I gut out the old component from the MacBook Pro, and build a new ubuntu machine from scratch using the Aluminum unibody as a shell?
what would a reasonable budget for this project? considering I'm no techie and this is not my day job, I'm doing this just for fun kinda thing..
Is it even doable? would there be 3rd party components that would fit inside the MBP?
where should I start? If I should start at all...

aah so many questions! any help would be much appreciated!!


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2k780BC

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire