mercredi 4 janvier 2017

Question about IMAP email and multi users

I have been mulling over changing our business email to google. Our local provider does not have a spam filter.. well it does, but it does not learn so things are constantly going in junk, real email. So it is turned off. It is a POP email account right now. If I switch to Google it will be IMAP.

Now I know IMAP works differently then POP and want to make sure I understand everything before I jump in to this change. Our setup is we have 3 Macs all getting our mail work email info@xxxx.ca. Along side these 3 Macs are 2 iPhones and 2 iPads getting the same email so all in all 7 devices getting info@xxxx.ca. This is no problem right now, if I delete on my computer or iPad it does not effect anyone else. I was reading something on another forum where someone moving an email on one device had it moved on the other. We all handle emails a bit differently and would be a nightmare if I deleted something and it just vanished from everywhere else, or if another user moved an email to a folder that I do not use. Would be a lot of confusion and hunting around for things.

Anyways, is this always the case with IMAP? Or does this only happen if you change things in the webmail through a browser? Everything is coming into Apple Mail for MacOS/OSX and iOS. I would want each device to handle the emails separately when it comes to moving them around, or deleting. Hope that all makes sense.


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2iDkpd2

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire