jeudi 30 octobre 2014

Lacie drives..

I have some Lacie external hard drives, one of which is USB3 only, but my Imac only has FW 800/400 and USB2 ports. I also have a Voyager hard drive dock with FW800, so I thought I'd take the drive out of the Lacie and use it with the dock (FW being faster than USB2) but it turns out the drive will only be read (I already have quite a bit of data on it) if it's in the Lacie enclosure it was initialized in. I even swapped it into another Lacie enclosure that has FW 800 ports but it doesn't get recognized.

That means that if the enclosure packs up, that hard drive can't be read except maybe by a data rescue program??

I seems to recall a thread somewhere about this, maybe about Drobo.



If that's the case, that would be a b*tch to deal with (recovering data/backup) if the enclosure packs up..

I have 800Gbs of data on that drive and thinking I'll stick it back in the Lacie, find a 1TB drive to transfer the data to then take the drive out and put in into my HD dock and reformat it so I don't have to deal with proprietary drive management programs...





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1rW273l

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire