vendredi 31 octobre 2014

slower memory module in iMac..

Before selling a 20" (or maybe 21.5") iMac a couple of years ago I swapped the 2x 2gb modules from it with the 2 x 1Gb modules that were in my 2008 24" iMac, not realizing that the former were 667mGhz instead of the 800 mghz that the 24" iMac was using.

Never had much to complain about as far as speed although I do get quite a bit of beach-balling at times, and then when my son tried to do some video editing he said the Imac wasn't up to it and had to use another machine instead. Looking to upgrade the Imac a bit that's when I realized I had the slower ram modules in there.

I'm wondering how much faster my Mac would run with the 800Mghz modules compared to 667 mghz?





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1tpTYao

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire