jeudi 30 octobre 2014

Mac Mail resizing photo files.

OS 10.6.8



Asked by a client to email a photo. As I've done hundreds of times in the past, I crop the photo in Photoshop (in this case, 3"x4.5"@300ppi), save as a quality 10 jpg to the desktop. Check the file size through Get Info, 430KB. Fine.



Drag & drop the image into an email, hit send, done, right? Wrong.



Client emails back & notes that they need a high res version of the image. I start checking on my end, the image file after it's dragged into Mail is shown to be 20KB. Huh? Try sending as an attachment, same 20KB size. Drag the image from the sent email back to the desktop, check dimensions in Photoshop, it's been resized! 3"x4.5"@72ppi.



WTF?



No preferences changed in Mail, nothing that I haven't done hundreds of times in the past.



Just as an experiment, I saved the file as a tif to the desktop, dragged it into a new email, then dragged it back to the desktop. No change in filesize. So, whatever is happening is only happening to jpg's. Unfortunately, the client needs the image as a jpg.



TIA





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1FZfMA9

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire