lundi 20 octobre 2014

USB3 thumb drive slow down?

So I have a Verbatim USB3 32 gig thumb drive. It was great, super fast. Today I tried to put on the installer for Yosemite to transfer to computers throughout the office to save the download time on each computer. The problem I got was it said it was to big for the volume, or something like that. I have 22 gigs free. So googling I found out that the formatting for the thumb drive was MS-DOS and that it had limitations to file size. Googling again let me to reformat the thumb drive to exFat. Now it is MUCH slower then before. It transferred about the same speed as a mac mini c2d which is using USB2.



I do want to have functionality for both windows and mac. Is there a format that it needs to be in for USB 3 speeds?



Something else I just noticed that is peculiar when I went back into disk utilities to look at the thumb drive. Under the main heading you see it is MS-DOST (FAT) but under the name I gave my USB drive it shows it as ExFat.



What should I be doing here to keep USB 3 speeds? Or could the drive itself be defective?








via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1DtUGHS

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire