vendredi 24 octobre 2014

SSD or more RAM?

So I am trying to help out a friend with his MacBook Pro. It was the last 15" before they all turned to retina model. Not sure of the specs, but at minimum it is an i5 processor, possibly an i7. He has 4 gigs of ram. He is finding he is getting the beach ball a fair big when running word and other light use things on his computer. Main uses are Microsoft Office, Mail, iTunes and Safari (youtube videos regular websites).



Initially another friend who was helping him was suggesting to upgrade the RAM. I think that is a good idea, 4 gigs is just not enough anymore in my opinion. But I was wondering if an SSD would be more of a noticeable difference. I know how it improved things on an old Mac Mini c2d. What is the better buy when you can only do 1? Will RAM make that much of a difference, or will SSD be what really helps?





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1tj6haP

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire