mercredi 29 octobre 2014

Upgrading RAM in my 27" iMac, Late 2009

Hey All,



Quick question about RAM.



My 27" iMac is crawling since upgrading last year to Maverick.



I only have 4 gb of RAM and am thinking I need to upgrade.



Right now my iMac came with 4GB of RAM which is taking up 2 slots leaving me 2 slots free.



According to apple I can only handle 16 gb of RAM.



If I buy two 4gb "sticks" of RAM that will only add up to 12GB



Can I buy two 8gb "sticks which will total 20gb? just so I can max out the 16gb or will that destroy my computer!?



Am I able to remove the 2 ram's that currently came with my iMac or should I leave those in?



Also, I was looking at crucial.com as I heard good thing about them, but open to alternatives.



Thanks for your help in advance!





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1rAktG4

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire