vendredi 13 mars 2015

All folders become non-writable after OS X updates

This is the second time I have faced this issue - the first time after updating to Yosemite and now after every update in Yosemite.



Every folder becomes non-writable. I open Image Capture, and whichever folder I select to save the scan in, it says the folder is non-writable. I am able to create files and folders in any of those folders, but Image Capture alone gives this error.



I repair permissions, there is a shitload of permission issues that are corrected, but the problem never goes away.



I manually Get Info on my home folder and recursively give myself Read-Write rights and still the problem does not go away. However, this exercise of giving myself permissions has resulted in a new issue:



When my wife logged in to her account (both of us have admin accounts), she could not even open Mail because Mail gave her the error that she has no permissions to write to the mail folders.



So, I did a Get Info (using her login) on her home folders and noticed that she had no rights anywhere. I added her ID and gave her Read-Write permissions recursively and now she is able to use her login properly.



My question is, why does almost every major Yosemite update make our folders non-writable or completely **** up the permissions?



And, has anyone else faced this issue or is it just me?



Thanks and cheers





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1BDsVxH

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire