mercredi 18 mars 2015

Late 2012 iMac Issues

This is kind of difficult to explain so please stay with me.



Recently I've been noticing my mouse jumping around the screen by itself, it was an old Logitech G5 wired mouse. I also noticed when doing basic things like scrolling on webpages that I would get the spinning wheel every so often and it would last for a couple seconds.



I've heard that this could be a failing drive, but things get weirder.



I replaced my old mouse with a new Logitech G502 wired mouse. Installed the additional software (Logitech Gaming Software) to go with it and everything seemed to work fine. After a few days, the bouncing around started happening again. The light on the mouse would turn on and off by itself.



I've tried plugging my mouse in a different port but that didn't seem to fix anything. Right before I wrote this, I plugged my external Seagate HD in to backup and my mouse jumped around worse than it's ever been. Once the harddrive was plugged in long enough and about halfway through the backup, the mouse went back to normal.



This to me sounds like a power issue to the USB ports.



So long story short, to me, this seems like either a hard drive issue or a power issue. I have not tried uninstalling the Logitech software to the G502, I never installed my old mouses software.



I also have a Razer Deathstalker keyboard with Razer's Synapse software installed. But the jumping around happened prior to having both softwares installed so it can't be a software issue.



Sorry for the ramble, hope this is enough information for you.



OSX 10.10.2

27" iMac Late 2012

3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

16GB 1600 MHz DDR3

1Tb Fusion Drive

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

(Apparently my serial number is unavailable)





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1FDKLSy

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire