mercredi 18 mars 2015

RAM upgrade and/or Yosemite install on Mac Mini 2012

Please give me some feedback before I invest in RAM and/or install Yosemite on my Mac Mini (late 2012 2.5GHz) - see specs below. When I first got this Mini, it worked much better than my previous one (early 2009). However, it's starting to slow down significantly again.



The mail problem is opening apps (especially to something like MS Word or MS excel). I also find that when I save something, it takes a long time for the save window to appear to choose the file name or where to save the file. Other tasks that are slow, are switching between screens in iTunes and iPhoto.



I am currently using the main hard drive for most of my functions. However, the iPhoto library is stored on an external USB hard drive (3.5 inch 7200 rpms).



Do you think that a RAM upgrade to 8 or 16 GB will make a significant improvement?

Should I be concerned that upgrading to Yosemite will cause further slowing of my computer?



Thanks for your insights!





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1xgzk1W

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire