mardi 17 mars 2015

Trying to install Windows on a MBP (mid 2012)

Running Yosemite..

I've been messing around with this most of the day and not getting anywhere..



I need Windows (alas..) for a computer based PLC course.

Using Virtual Box and Win XP, many windows that I should get from clicking on a highlighted script from the course only show up 3/4, so I can't read the part that's cut off.



I've been trying to go the Bootcamp way but doesn't look like WinXP can run/be installed with osx 10.10 and Bootcamp.

I've seen elsewhere that by creating a NTFS partition with Disk Utility it's possible but going this way, halfway through the install I get a screen saying the process has been stopped to prevent damage to my computer. Tried over and over with the same results. Tried with a FAT partition, no change.



I have a copy of Win 7 upgrade but after the first re-boot following some install, I just get a blank screen. Again, tried this a # of times without success...

Tried downloading an ISO using the upgrade Key # but MS says that it doesn't work for the language I've chosen. Tried French and English, no luck.



Bootcamp itself doesn't offer much choice: Download Win 7 ISO or Full install.

Should I get the full install Win7 disk?

Any suggestions..?





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/19xKCUS

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire