mardi 21 janvier 2014

Bigger iPhones? Serious?

So, Sep 2012 and I order myself a shiny, new, white iPhone 5. Couple weeks later it arrives, truly a thing of beauty. In order to keep it as such, I purchased a Griffin Survivor case for it. My cell phones tend to get used, not caressed, & I wanted it to look as good the day I sold it as when I purchased it. A cheap, thin, "pretty" case wasn't going to cut it.



Coming from a Palm Treo 680 background, the iPhone is already largish. Slap the Survivor case on it and it becomes sizeable, to the point that it's difficult to simply slip it into a pocket in my jeans. Just measured it in the case, a whisker shy of 5.75", corner to corner, on a phone with a 4" screen.



That said, here's an article that notes Apple is neglect in not offering a phone with a screen of 5.6" (!) or larger (!!). Frankly, I'm somewhat gobsmacked.



"Phablets"? Really?



First, does anybody really want a phone that, with a good case, is heading well into 7" territory? I can hear it now, "Is that a cell phone in your pocket or are you just glad to see me." It doesn't matter if the sucka is thin as a credit card, what about the length? I recall some of the very first cell phones. They were monstrosities & the public couldn't wait for them to downsize. Now, the clamour is for bigger?



Second, where the hell are we suppose to stow this damn thing? In our murse? Jeezuz...



If Apple does, in fact, head this direction, I hope they remember those of us who don't wish to carry around a TV monitor in our pants and have the sense to furnish a smaller version. Hopefully, one that doesn't look like it was purchased at the candy store...



Thoughts?





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1ao6em2

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire