mardi 21 janvier 2014

Telemarketer driving me nuts...

I'm just wondering if any of you have had these particular calls. The caller ID says "1-000-000-0000 - so that's spoofed.



The caller is clearly Indian (probably calling from an Indian call center) and says he's calling from "Bell Canada" with "special offers" and when I respond that I'm on the Do Not Call list and they're not allowed to call me, he talks right over me and then proceeds to argue with me! (Until this lot started calling, I'd never had that response - usually they either hang up or apologize and then hang up) I was so shocked by the argument that I then called Bell - and after some back and forth, managed to get myself added to their internal DNC list.



That was in December. Well…yesterday, they called again. I didn't pick up. Today - AGAIN. This time I picked up and told him not to call me etc., at which point he told me it was his job to call me every day and flat out refused to take me off their calling list, refused to get a supervisor (went away and came back, claiming HE was the supervisor)! Again - I called Bell, this time finding a number for their Resolution Centre and speaking to a second level supervisor who again put me on their internal DNC list. He also told me that all Bell telemarketers or workers have ID numbers and to ask for that. He said it might not be Bell (no kidding - I was rather doubtful that it was from the outset, because of the extremely aggressive and impolite responses from the callers).



An hour goes by. These idiots called me again. This time I decided to try to find out if it was really Bell (my next step would be a complaint to the CRTC if it was) so I asked for the caller's ("Peter") Bell ID. Which, of course, he refused to give me - his shaky command of the English language at this point became quite evident as he struggled to tell me why he couldn't give me this info. :rolleyes: Meanwhile, he keeps trying to talk over me and I finally hang up after threatening to call the police. 5 minutes go by and you guessed it - they call again - different guy, same accent. This time I just tell him that I've told them repeatedly that I don't want them to call me and that now I am calling the police and I hung up. Obviously, there isn't a damn thing the police can do about it and I'm not calling them, but hey, maybe it will stop them for a bit.



A couple of weeks ago I bought a Panasonic phone set that has quite a few nifty features - including the ability to block calls. I hadn't had the time to set it up, but clearly now isn't soon enough. I just hope it works, based on spoofed caller ID. I did have Rogers call-blocking which they gave me free for a month (another idiot telemarketer that wouldn't stop calling) but am not happy about having to *PAY* to get these twits to stop calling and looked for other solutions.



So - anyway - just wondered if anyone else had encountered these horribly aggressive clowns. It's become like some sort of challenge - I find myself plotting nasty things to do to them - borrowing a friend's 6-year-old and putting him on the phone with them (he's a very creative kid who likes to talk - he might be able to keep 'em going for a while), blasting them with a hunting horn we have…etc.





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1iktNhW

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire