mercredi 29 janvier 2014

Mavericks audio issue

Been searching here for a reference to this issue, but haven't come across one, so posting a new thread, rather than burying this in the lengthy Mavericks thread.



Here's the problem:



I upgraded my MacPro to Mavericks about two months ago and discovered a problem that remains unresolved today, despite my conversations with Apple Care.



For years I have been creating videos which include voiceover segments, using a headset/microphone connected via USB.



There appears to be a glitch in Mavericks preventing it from recognizing headset hardware.



At first I assumed it related to my 7-year-old Plantronics headset. Spent time on the phone with Plantronics service desk, concluded that perhaps my unit was simply too old. So I went shopping and picked up a new Logitech H390 supposedly OSX compatible. But I am not able to access this hardware either.



My system profiler shows that the computer recognizes the device plugged in (screen shot 1)





but the device does not show up in the sound preferences panel in order to select it (screen shot 2).







Apple Care tells me that Logitech needs to write new software to accommodate Mavericks. I have spoken with Logitech service desk, to inquire whether I need a special driver, and they tell me their equipment is designed to work with generic drivers. They say this is an Apple problem.



Meanwhile, to create a voiceover I have to record it with my video camera, upload to Final Cut, add as a video clip and kill the video … a very awkward, unnecessary process.



Wondering if anyone else has come across this problem and wondering if anyone has any solutions.





Also:



Mavericks has also introduced two new audio input/output options (Soundflower) which nobody at Apple Care seems to be able to explain.



Can anyone make sense of that?





Finally .... don't know what I'm doing wrong here, but just opened a photo bucket account to attach those screen shots. They're not appearing in the text of this post on my computer. I have to click the icon to open in a new tab.



Thanks in advance





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/L9KsGf

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire