mardi 29 juillet 2014

13-inch MBp late 2011 Keyboard Wiring?

I have a 13-inch MBp late 2011 where part of the keyboard suddenly quit working.



I want to be reasonably sure the keyboard itself suddenly became defective rather than the cable connecting the keyboard or something similar.

Keyboards - ie upper cases for that model are not exactly cheap.



When I checked the MBp this morning, the left side of the keyboard is working and the right side is not.

Specifically the following keys work:

F1, F2, F3, F4

` (none of the number keys work)

q, w, e, r

a, s, d, f

z, x, c, y



The rest of the keys don't work

The power button doesn't work either but it seems to be on permanently



I tried a wired Apple keyboard and also a Bluetooth keybord - both of these work fine.



Since everything on the right 2/3 of the keyboard is not working I thought this might indicate a different problem than an actual keyboard failure but I have no clue how the keyboard communicates with the logic board - thus the question.





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1tWOx1X

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire