jeudi 24 juillet 2014

So I get this call saying my Windows computer is sending data..

or something of the sorts. Might have said my Windows computer was in trouble,sending false data.

Anyhow, the guy at the other end had a strong foreign accent and I decided to listen to his story out of interest.

I asked a few questions about where they had gotten my tel. #,ect, and he then asked if I was ready to sit down and work on solving the problem with my pc.

I told him I had a Mac, and he said "ok, you can talk to a Mac tech.."

No thanks, goodbye. Click!



What I'm wondering is if during the conversation, these fraudster (only polite word I can come up with at the moment) can seize our phone line while we're conversing..?

There were a few warnings some time back about getting telephone lines hijacked and then using them to make long distance phone calls.

I checked my phone not long after hanging up and everything was normal (dial tone).



Any insights on these types of calls..?





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1rPf0xO

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire