samedi 19 juillet 2014

Anyone running a black WD drive in their Mac Mini?

I bought a WD black 2.5 inch drive as a replacement drive for a Mac Mini, this model specifically:

Western Digital WD7500BPKX Black 750GB 2.5in 7200RPM 16MB SATA3 Notebook Hard Drive



I initially installed it into a MacAlly FW800 enclosure and am using that as my main drive with the Min.

That works fine and has been for at least a month but the drive, ie enclosure seems to get rather hot.

Not too hot to touch the enclosure but hot enough so that holding the enclosure for any length of time becomes uncomfortable.



What concerns me is how this drive would work inside the Mini - I assume cooling would be worse than in the external enclosure.

Maybe a 7500 RPM 2.5" drive for the Mini wasn't such a good idea and I should revert to a WD 5400 RPM drive that runs a lot cooler.



Anyone with practical experience running a somewhat hot drive in a Mini?

Replacing the drive in a Mini is a pain so I don't really want to do that twice.





PS: I also need to replace a drive in a 2011 13-inch MacBook Pro.

Same concern and same question.





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1nIHxQs

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire